Books By C. LItka

Books By C. LItka

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Om Adams Kon Illustration

 

Front Cover -- Not my artwork

Just a quick post today to send a “heads up” to all my Danish readers, and readers of Danish. (That’s a joke, son.) Multivers has release a new book with the title of Om Adams Køn, Den Klassiske Fortaeller, edited by Ved Jergen Glenstrup. (About Adam’s Sex, The Classic Narrator)

It is a collection of short stories by the likes of Thomas Mann, Joseph Conrad, and others along with essays. The Google lens translation of the introduction is rather cryptic, so I can’s say much about it. But what makes it noteworthy is that if you turn it over and view the back of the book, you will find one of my early tea clipper ink drawings, no doubt tied in with the Joseph Conrad story, The Secret Sharer or The Double as it is titled in this book. The drawing is also used in the interior.


My Ink Drawing of Tea Clippers at Foochow Anchorage, from a Photo


The publishers contacted me after seeing the drawing on my Deviant Art Gallery https://www.deviantart.com/litka and asked if I would be willing to let them use it for the book, and for how much. I agreed, of course, for a copy of the book, which I now have.

Ah, such dizzying success so late in life! I’m lucky, in a way. It would have no doubt gone to my head if it all happened sooner. Anyway, pick up your copy today, its a handsome book and they’re very nice people.



No comments:

Post a Comment