Books By C. LItka

Books By C. LItka

Monday, April 6, 2020

Sailing to Redoubt is now (not) FREE on Amazon


I'm happy to report that Amazon has honored my request to price match other ebook stores and has reduced the price of Sailing to Redoubt to FREE once again. Thank you, Amazon. They had been offering it for free until several months ago. It is their choice, and I decided not to kick when they dropped price matching. I wanted to see how many copies I would sell at $.99. The short answer is not many, but some... Thanks to all that purchased it!


UPDATE: Today, 8 April 2020, I noticed that Amazon, after returning Sailing to Redoubt to FREE, took Some Day Days off of price matching, so it is now at its "list price" of $5.50. My list price is basically my answer to people who equate price with quality, especially those who also self-publish, and price their books at indie ebook prices. Does that mean that their books are 1/3 to 1/10th as good as traditionally published books? Anyway, I'm happy that Amazon chose Some Day Days to offer at list price, as I usually give away only a few of those on Amazon each month. (It actually does a lot better on Smashwords, for some reason.) It is my earliest writings, of my published works, and while I am rather fond of it, I recognize that it has its flaws, not the least of which is that I imagined another three dozen "pieces" to complete the romance that were never written down, and never will be.

UPDATE: As of mid-May 2020 Amazon is not current price matching the free price of Sailing to Redoubt elsewhere. I have raised the price to my "list price" of $8.50, in the hope that it will spur Amazon to price match again. But it is up to them. (The did rather quickly drop Some Day Days back to free, so we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment