Books By C. LItka

Books By C. LItka

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Now In Print!


With no current writing project in hand, I decided to tackle a project I'd been thinking of for some time -- converting my ebooks into print editions. I think I'll write a post or two about the process, but having formatted my own ebooks, converting them to print books was not too challenging -- though the devil's in the details, making it a learning experience.

And it has also meant more work for me as well. It seems that reading the words on the printed page is more of a third-person experience -- I look on them almost as if someone else had written them -- and I see all the little errors I misses in the first have dozen times I've read them over. They just pop out, the missing words, the missing commas, the awkward phrase, the repetition, and run-on sentences. We can't have that. I've always tried to put my best work out there, and so I can't turn a blind eye to these errors. I've read over The Bright Black Sea and corrected all the errors I found, so you want version 6, 1 Nov. 2017 edition. I am in the process of rereading and correcting A Summer in Amber. The corrected version should be available in the next few days. After that its The Lost Star's Sea a a week or two, and then, maybe Some Day Days.

They are available for purchase on Amazon and Barnes & Noble's web sites, though wait until I've corrected them before you rush out and buy them. Now, I'll be honest, I don't actually expect to sell any. The two big books get pretty pricey after everyone takes their cut, but seeing that they're 3 regular novels long, I'm not loosing any sleep over that. Still, as I said, I did it not to sell them so much as to make them as for gifts to the people who have helped and encouraged my writing. And well, I think they're pretty cool -- and I don't have a garage full of them...


No comments:

Post a Comment