Books By C. LItka

Books By C. LItka

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Shadows of an Iron Kingdom Cover


Above is likely the cover for my next book. Font, font size, and text placement may be tinkered with, but the art is a done deal. This is actually the second attempt at a cover. The first one was just too bad -- I used part of it to illustrate the blog post below. Originally I wanted the scene to be at sunset, so I painted the sky in yellows and oranges. But the mood I want is sort of Gothic gloom, and I think the blue sky works better to achieve what I can of that mood. But you can judge for yourself, as below is the sunset sky version. The color change was done digitally in Gimp, so it is the same painting.




If any of you have a preference, drop me a line in the comments section. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

And just for shits and giggles, below is my first attempt at a cover. Not only is it is too primitive and half-assed, but there is no place to put a title that can be read. There was a time that I might've been able to bring off a piece like this, but that was a time when I still had the patience to take my time and work at it. That time has passed.



I will no doubt use parts of this piece for the back cover illustration for the paper version -- it will be small, and likely only the castle part. Nothing goes to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment