Books By C. LItka

Books By C. LItka

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Lines in the Lawn -- Coming soon!



Lines in the Lawn has been sitting in the "drawer," which is to say a file in my computer, for probably a dozen years awaiting its illustrations. It is a 4,000 word short story that I wrote for a grownup to read to a child. My original plan was to illustrate it with a dozen drawings, but well... I'm not an illustrator and I never quite got around to even trying to do the illustrations. While my original idea for the illustrated book would've worked for a print book, illustrations in ebooks, with their flexible type sizes and layouts, makes illustrations rather clunky. It would certainly loose its original formatting, unless I released it as a PDF. But as a PDF the print would be too small to read. So it sat for these dozen years. Until now.

Now I've, rewritten the story to my current standards, and as, as you can see, I've worked up a cover for it. I still have three or four simple simple interior illustrations to do, but I'm going to keep those very simple, stand alone illustrations that are a map of the yard showing the lines in the lawn left by the lawnmower as described in the story. They will probably take up one page each.

I'll have more to say about the story, in a future blog post, but suffice to say that I wrote the story with the idea of entertaining the reader as well as the child being read too. It's a bit of a mystery story...



No comments:

Post a Comment