Books By C. LItka

Books By C. LItka

Friday, May 21, 2021

Shadows of an Iron Kingdom

Shadows of an Iron Kingdom is my current working title for my next novel, and likely its final title. The story is the third book of my Nine Star Nebula Mystery/Adventure series, and the final one, for now. I'm going to take a break from that type of story to try a few different story ideas next. Once again this story features Rafe d'Mere, and Vaun Di Ai. It is, however, set on an entirely different world -- Ironholm, a minor airless planet dominated by a dissenting throw-back society that exists in rift valleys under the domes. This society is much more primitive than Fairwaine's Agrileaa Co-op -- something like the Transylvania of gothic fiction. 

So it should come as no surprise, given the setting, that I'm going for a Gothic vibe in this mystery adventure, complete with ruined castles, beasts like werewolves, people like vampires, and the odd mad scientist. The final version of the Iron Kingdom the story is set in a little more "modern" setting than I when I had first imagined the idea for the story, as the demands of  moving the story along seemed to require more than horse drawn carriages and dark little villages in darker forests. I haven't written the blub, so I'll save more details for another post. At present I'm working through the second draft, and I expect to have it to my proof and beta readers early in June -- on target for an early July release.  I've also sketched out my first attempt at a cover. Stay tuned for more details.






No comments:

Post a Comment