Books By C. LItka

Books By C. LItka

Monday, December 7, 2020

All But Keiree are FREE on Amazon

 


Them algorithms. For some reason Amazon has decided to price match all my books, save Keiree, and have reduced the ebook versions to FREE. I can't say how long this will last, but if any Kindle readers have been hesitating to sample my books, now is the time. The cool thing is that most of my most recent books, Sailing to Redoubt, The Prisoner of Cimlye, and now The Secret of the Tzarista Moon are all FREE for once.

I've written a whole blog post on why I sell my books for FREE when I can. The short story is that I don't spend more than $50 out of pocket on any book -- for paper copies to my beta readers -- and my incidental sales cover much, if not most of that expense. So I can afford to sell books for FREE and not end up in the poor farm.

While writing a book takes a lot of effort, it's not work. It's fun. I don't need to be paid to have fun.

My attitude towards books is that if I want a book, I'll by the paper version. But if I want to just read a book, the library is my first choice. So, for me, reading a book is a free experience. This makes my free price on ebooks seem natural to me, since I think ebooks are reads -- not books in the physical sense.

Amazon decides when and for how long they will price match books. I don't know how long the free prices on any of these books will last. So get'em while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment