Books By C. LItka

Books By C. LItka

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Life w/Bots

 

Robotic experts are unable to explain the popularity of Karl Marx’s Das Kapital amongst the robots population. Even the relatively “dumb,” or “proletarian robots” as they would preferred to be called, such as refrigerators, coffee makers, and toasters appeared to be fond of scrolling long quotes from Das Kaptial on their status display screens.

Some experts point to this phenomena as evidence of robotic humor. Others scoff at the very idea of robotic humor. Professor Albert Hummerdine has said that “If robotic humor exists, and I find no compelling evidence that it does, I would think that Karl Marx would the height of it.”


I was reminded of this episode of Life w/Bots by this article:

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/09/how-a-hacker-turned-a-250-coffee-maker-into-ransom-machine/


We're not quite at the point of having to live with robots just yet, but it's coming.





2 comments:

  1. I loved this cartoon. I want that toaster.

    Guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It seems that I'm on a toaster kick at the moment, as they are a little running joke in my new story.

    ReplyDelete