Books By C. LItka

Books By C. LItka

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Sailing to Redoubt Intro


I don't like to read a synopsis of the story before I read the story itself. I like being surprised. And seeing that all the stories I write, I write to please myself, I write their blurbs to please myself as well. So my blurbs are always short, rather vague, and confined to stating the premise of the story, rather than the story itself. With that in mind, below is the current version of the blurb for Sailing to Redoubt. I will say that this story, like Beneath the Lanterns, is set in the same "universe" as the Lost Star Stories. Like the worlds of the Nine Star Nebula, this is a story set on a world settled from earth tens of thousands of years in our future.

Be good.

Or some dark night the sorcerers of Vente may come for you.

On the islands of the Tropic Sea, parents caution naughty children to behave, or some dark night the sorcerers of Vente Islands might come to carry them off. The fate of these naughty children varies from island to island, but it is often whispered that they end up in a stew.

Navy lieutenant Taef Lang must have been a very naughty boy, since one soft, tropical night the Vente sorcerers came and carried him off. And he certainly ended up in some very hot water.

Sailing to Redoubt is Lang’s story of his adventures in the company of two Vente sorceresses, Sella and Lessie Raah, on a quest to discover the secret of the legendary Last Redoubt of the world’s first people, the Founders. Equipped with a map, a golden key, and a small yacht, they set out to cross the island studded Tropic Sea, bright, blue, and, sometimes, very dangerous.



Sailing to Redoubt will be released in March 2019. 

No comments:

Post a Comment