Books By C. LItka

Books By C. LItka

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Another New Cover


Yep, I'm at it again. I'll be changing the cover of both the print and ebook for Beneath the Lanterns to this art. There are several reasons for this change. One is that I want the ebook and print book to share the same cover art. I didn't like my original cover art which is still have that on the print edition. Not, mind you, that I sell any books, but it shows up in the listings. I do, however, like the art for the ebook version. I can't say that it sell any books, but it doesn't seem to not sell them either. However, the original art work is smaller, and I didn't think it would scale up to 9x6" at  300 dpi very clearly. So what I did was essentially repaint the same scene, the street alongside the lake, the "Reed Bank" in a similar, but slightly more current "Use your imagination" style abstract landscapes on a larger scale. I think this turned out as well as can be expected. I'm going with colorful, if "artsy" covers.

Below are the two complete original paintings I used. On top the new one, below, the one I used for the ebook version
.
18x24" 45x60cm acrylic on hardboard

12x24" 30x60cm acrylic on hardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment