Books By C. LItka

Books By C. LItka

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

"Some Day Days" Ready to Go

Just a quick update. I will be publishing Some Day Days on 9 July 2015 at Smashwords.com and Amazon. 

The Smashwords edition will be FREE from the get-go. Amazon requires a minimum $.99 price, however, they will, at their discretion match the price of their competitors. They did that for A Summer in Amber, but only in the U.S. store, and only after I call to their attention the fact that iBooks, Barnes & Noble and Kobo were offering it for FREE. This process may take a week or two, since it takes about a week for iBooks, B&N, and Kobo to get copies from Smashwords. However, Smashwords will have a FREE Mobi version of the book which can be side-loaded to a Kindle, if you can't wait until Amazon reduces the price or live outside the U.S. My attitude is that I'm sharing not selling my work, but Amazon reaches too many readers to pass up. At $.99 I don't think I'm ripping anyone off, but I'd rather have people read and enjoy my work than make a few cents I don't need.

I should also note that I've made a small change to the title. It's now Some Day Days, rather than Someday Days. Apparently the compound word "someday" is not universally accepted as a word. Go figure. English is so logical and uniform, it's startling to bump up against something that's still ill defined like that. And just to be clear, I'm being sarcastic. Nevertheless, (Can you believe that's an official word and "atleast" isn't?) Some Day Days might be a little bit more descriptive, more evocative, than Someday Days, though it looks rather odd. But then, maybe an odd looking title is a plus. Who knows?  It's Some Day Days. We're playing it safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment