Books By C. LItka

Books By C. LItka

Friday, July 20, 2018

Beneath the Lanterns Cover Ver 2


This is my second attempt at the cover art for Beneath the Lanterns. On the plus side, it is an attempt to illustrate an actual scene from the novel. Once again we are in the city of  Lanterna, and ahead of us we see its famous Lantern Tower. I think that I still prefer the first version, with some tweaks. While the lanterns in the title refer to the celestial bodies in the sky, and the Yellow Lantern would be the sun, so that I could use a day scene as well as a night scene, I think that the lanterns in the title would suggest a night scene. However -- I think I will at least attempt one more painting, going back to my landscape roots with a wide bright day scene on the steppes. Stay tuned.

The complete unedited version. I would be using the left side for the back cover of the paperback edition.



No comments:

Post a Comment