Books By C. LItka

Books By C. LItka

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Done, I hope


First off, I am considering changing the title of Planets of Call to Secrets of the Lost Star. Not only is it more suggestive of the wellspring of the story, but echoes the titles of the three other volumes that make up this long novel – Captain of the Lost Star, Battles of the Lost Star and Ghosts of the Lost Star. Any opinions?

I finished the latest "final" read through of Ghosts of the Lost Star today, and I'm thinking it was indeed, the final one. I was content to do some fine tuning (which I feel the need to do for anything I've written, any time I read it), trimmed a thousand needless words and didn't feel the need to make significant changes. I think I'm done. Finally. My proof reader won't be able to get to it for a few weeks, but I'm planning on a mid-Sept. release date.

Secrets of the Lost Star (lets see if I can get used to calling it that) is essentially a boxed set of an unreleased trilogy. But since the three volumes together tell a complete story, I'm going to cut to the chase and release the work as one long novel. While it weighs in at a daunting 324,500 words, I originally set out to write a serial adventure, and it largely retains an episodic format, which, I think, allows it to be read one's own pace.

In the coming days, I'm planning to post more details about the story of the interplanetary freighter Lost Star and the story behind the writing of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment