Books By C. LItka

Books By C. LItka

Monday, October 2, 2017

Mystery Solved


A few months ago I wrote in a blog post about a spike in the Amazon "sales" of my books on the 22nd of the month two months running -- for no apparent reason. I noticed another spike in September, this time for A Summer in Amber. Last night, I noticed another small spike of 16 copies sold for A Summer in Amber, on the Amazon UK store and decided to look into it. 

Now a Summer in Amber is usually on the "Best selling Free 100 Steampunk Books" UK's list, so that couldn't explain it. I tried a few searches in steampunk for price and ratings, but they turned up nothing. It was only when I selected the steampunk option under Fantasy and Science Fiction, to get all the books, and then clicked on the "Featured" selection it offered that I discovered A Summer in Amber on page six of this listing. It included both paid and free books and no doubt reaches a much wider audience than the Best Selling 100 Book lists do. 

I have no idea how Amazon selects the books to "feature", but I appreciate that they have occasionally include my books in their featured listings, especially given that none of us make any money from any sale it generates. It certainly makes a big difference in my "sales."  And I would imagine that finding a book "On Sale" for "free" increases the customer's perception that Amazon offers some very good deals, so it is a win-win for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment