Books By C. LItka

Books By C. LItka

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Amazon Update


It seems that Amazon has decided not to price match the FREE price of The Bright Black Sea and Some Day Days on Amazon.com. The are now listed at $.99, which is the minimum price I can set on Amazon. This is their decision, not mine, as it is their choice to match, or not, prices of their "competitors," all of which are still FREE. They did this once before, about two years ago, when the price was $3.99. I sold around 5 copies a month for 6 months until the release of The Castaways of the Lost Star, when they once again matched the free price of everyone else. These days I sell a copy a month on non-USA sales, where they usually (but not always) do not match the FREE price. While I prefer the FREE price, it is always interesting to see what I would be doing if I was actually selling my books, so we'll just see how it goes. Depending on sales, I may well go back to the $3.99 price, not to make money, since I won't, but to give it a more premium look. It is, after all, a 700+ page book,  not some 25 page short story.  We'll see. In the meanwhile, you can download and side load the FREE mobi version for your Kindle from Smashwords if you care to. And, as I mentioned, Some Day Days is also now $.99 (good luck with that!) and the mobi version of that is also available at Smashwords for FREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment