Books By C. LItka

Books By C. LItka

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

New Prices on Amazon

A brief note. I've raised the "list price" of my books on Amazon from $.99 to $1.99 for Some Day Days, $2.99 for A Summer in Amber, with The Bright Black Sea is now listed for $3.99. This is merely a marketing experiment, not a change in policy. I publish my books to share, not sell.

Pricing is a business decision. However, some people view prices as the appraised value of the book. So as an experiment, I've raised my list prices to increase the "appraised value" of the stories for anyone with this view.

And just to make my philosophy of writing and publishing clear, I write and publish for fun, not for profit. I publish to share my stories with readers of similar tastes, and enjoy it when they do. I also like the sense of accomplishment that bringing a long project to completion brings. I can assure you that I'm leaving very little money on the table in doing this. I plan to publish on this blog a full report of my first year in the self-publishing world with a complete accounting of how each book performed, so that both readers and any other self-published author can get a glimpse into the rather myth-filled world of indie-publishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment